Monday, June 22, 2009

Living in a Whirlwind...But Life is Great!

I know I have been a little "out of it" lately, but can you blame me? Having 4 kids is no easy task, but I love it!

Jace William Wagner was born on May 1st. He is such a sweet baby and we all adore him, even Josh. I was a little worried that Josh, still being our baby himself, would feel threatened by him and would want to lash out... but he has been wonderful with the baby. It's Lukers that has thown me for the loop. He is moody, naughty, and having a hard time. He loves the baby, but has seemed to forget that there are rules, parents, manners, and kindness. He is still a good kid, we are just butting heads right now and I am just trying to find my nice Luke again. I keep asking him when "Nice Luke" is coming home from vacation.

Caleb finished 1st grade during my break from the blogging world. He learned so much this year and seems to be growing up faster than ever. He loves reading and is interested in those Magic Tree House books. I bought him the set off ebay a few weeks ago and he hasn't stopped reading them since. It's great!


Luke is riding a bike now with no training wheels. It's very exciting and he is so proud of himself. We even bought him a new bike to celebrate his accomplishment! It scares me though when he goes sailing down the street. Kent gave him a "turbo-push" a few days ago and I can still picture him whobbling a bit before his big crash--- ouch! He is ok though, he just cried and said "dad, you gave me a heart attack". Me too~



Josh is learning to talk a little bit more. He stills "no" for everything, but now has a vocabulary of: please, love you, and thank you.

Jace was blessed at the beginning of June and we were happy that most of our family was able to be there for that. He is such a good baby and is now sleeping better, from about 9:30 pm to around 4-5 am. It's great! He hardly ever cries and when he does, he just wants a bottle or to be held. Isn't he cute?




We took the boys up to the LV temple a few Sundays ago after church. The grounds were locked and so we just sat on the lawn outside the gates. I took a few pics of the boys playing. It was fun to talk about the temple with them and the importance of going there some day. Kent and I listened to Elder Bednar's CES talk to the young single adults from the May fireside. If you haven't heard it yet, do! It's great...


We went to our little house in Cedar City this past weekend. It was perfect! We drove up the mountain and took the boys fishing at Duck Creek. It started raining on us, but it was still so much fun. I got some really cute pics of them trying to catch a fish, although it would be a miracle to catch a fish while their little brother Josh was throwing rocks in the creek the whole time.

What else has been going on besides having a baby, adjusting to the lack of sleep while the demands of raising 4 boys wears you out, not to mention the added loads of laundry that pile up around your house (and dirty diapers)!?! I am not complaining or saying that I am ungrateful for all that I have, but it has been an "interesting" transition these last few weeks. I am actually surprised, looking back, that Kent came home at night from work. But I got a piece of advice from a friend of mine... mother ot double what I have... and she told me that I cannot do everything and to stop trying. She said that my only & most important commodity in my life is my energy. So if I spend my energy worrying about my house, the laundry, running errands and everything else but my kids... then I am going to take my frustration out on my family. She said that is why the Lord has counseled mothers (if they can) to not work. Because they will spend all their energy at work and then come home and "bark" at their children and their husband. So some very wise advise from a mother with lots more experience than me. She also told me that she learned a long time ago that there is no point in yelling, it doesn't get done any faster. I have been thinking about all of this lately and have really been trying to spend my energy on my family and not on other things. I think it's working, I don't want divorce my husband anymore, haha!

So that is another quick update on us... we are loving life right now. And I am lovin' sleep every chance I can get!

4 comments:

Heather said...

You sound like me...I'm trying to play catch up w/ my blog also.

Don't ya just love Mrs. Morgan. She was the greatest teacher Treyson has had so far.

Love the pix of Jace & the family...too cute!

Lemon Family said...

Becca,
Congratulations on your cutie. I love the name Jace. I totally hear you about the adjustments to another child- sounds like you're doing good to me. Your pics are way cute!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you updated. I think you're doing great as a mother of 4!

Jodee said...

Hang in there, you can do it. He is such a sweet baby, I am so grateful we got to spend some time you you all this summer. Thanks for letting me steal your babe for a while. Love you guys!