Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another month gone by...another month?

I know, I know... I am pathetic! What can I say? It's a good thing that the title of this post was already saved in the archives and all I had to do was hit the space bar and it popped up. Yes, another month gone by and here I am again. Completely behind on everything :)

I have to admit though, I just haven't been in the "mood" to do anything. I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and just feel like any free time that I get goes to laying on the couch and doing nothing (when I can actually get free time)!

But here is another brief synopsis of our month.:

Me- I lost the diamond to my wedding ring the weekend of Valentine's day (it was not intentional, although I have to admit I was wanting another wedding ring one of these days). Kent didn't really want to get me anything for a while, but here I am walking around with 3 kids and pregnant again... with no wedding ring. I was embarrassed and made him get me something else. It is just a simple little diamond band, but I like it. Thanks, babe!

I have a date for delivery- Friday, May 1st! Yea! It hasn't quite hit me just yet that I am going to have 4 kids, but I am sure that it's only a matter of time. I better adjust quickly because this baby was not planned properly- I will only have a month before they will all be home for summer break. Sounds fun! We are all really excited to know what we are having though. No names yet either.

Kent- Still loves being the dad and the dentist. Kent's post will be short because he does the same thing everyday in my world. He gets up early and comes home late. He turned 31 though last month and that was fun. Last year for his birthday we were in Hawaii. Too bad we weren't there again.

Boys- Caleb and Luke have both started baseball this month. I am getting accustomed to my place in life- on the bench watching my boys play sports. We just finished basketball and now we are into baseball and t-ball 2 nights a week. Tuesdays are not too bad because I am only at the ball fields for a little over an hour because they practice at the same time. Thursday though, ha... more like 3 hours. Wasn't there a general conference talk about good- better- best and what our families priorities should be? Umm... sounds familiar? But they love it and I love watching them run around and have fun. At least they are just doing what boys love to do- play with balls, run in the dirt and have their parents there to watch them with pride.

We had a recent bloody nose episode the other night while the boys were supposed to be going to bed. Caleb and Luke usually play for a few minutes before going to bed (like most brothers) and then after we give them enough threats they will finally give up and clonk out. But this past Sunday night, they just wouldn't stop. Luke comes screaming down the hall and once he gets to our bedroom we see that he has a bloody nose. "Caleb kicked me" is all we heard for the next few minutes. I find blood drips down the length of the hallway and Caleb hiding in his closet. We did get a little upset with them, but underneath Kent and I were trying not to smile and laugh at the situation. We had just had FHE at Grandma Wagner's house on being kind! They apologized, hugged and went to bed. Something sweet to go along with the story: Caleb told me that he had prayed to Heavenly Father already to ask for forgiveness and promised him that he would never kick his brother again in the face. I thought that was nice. It would have been better to promise never to kick your brother anywhere, but I guess he knew that wouldn't be realistic.

I will try to post some pictures of our family trip to Sea World and Palm Springs this past month. I just need to get them off my camera. I have been trying to finish up my 2008 scrapbook and so I haven't even wanted to look at the 2009 pictures because then I will just feel more behind. I am almost done though and would like to definitely get that finished and bound before the baby gets here. I have over 60 pages and so it will be a fun one to have. Most of the pages have been on my computer over a year and so it will be fun to see them again.

That's about all I can do for one day. I will try to catch up, but if not... talk to you in another month gone by!

2 comments:

weavers said...

Hooray for the May 1st date!!! We will be waiting by the phone to know the sex of that baby! Either way, we are excited for you! We too are in t-ball and it takes over your whole week! Matt is the manager,both boys are playing and I'm the team mom! (What was I thinking!) :)

steph j. said...

Hi Becka, How are you? Your boys are so cute and congratulations on your new baby that will be here soon. Email me your email address and I will send you an invite to get on my blog, I'm one of the annoying ones with the private blog. stephylovespink@hotmail.com